Powered By Blogger

jueves, 10 de septiembre de 2015

The author's personal connection to anxiety and insomnia

Insomnia can stem from anxiety and consequently take an enormous physiological toll on the body. I personally have been struggling with both, not so much now, but often. I have trouble falling asleep and when I do, I usually don't stay asleep for more than 3-6 hours. I frequently wake up at 5am with a racing mind, finding it quite the challenge to go back to sleep. When I sleep poorly, I'm irratable, easily frustrated, distractable, very physically fatigued, have a strong headache near my upper neck, bottom head (near the brain stem and medulla, which mediate sleep and breathing). I worry about being able to sleep and these worries combined with lack of sleep can create a vicious cycle where I don't sleep well, then worry about it all day, which makes me sleep worse. Right now, however, it's not too bad.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario